Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Tamriel NPCs Revamped

Sadly instead of getting better, my illness has only gotten worse. Today I decided not to go to classes because of it, so I had the time to post this.

The citizens of Cyrodiil are an odd bunch for various reasons, but the one that is most obvious is their faces. In an effort to make non-player characters (NPCs) a bit more realistic and easier on the eyes, the team behind the Tamriel NPCs Revamped (TNR) project redesigned the facial structure of over a thousand people. Due to people's varied tastes, it's difficult to say whether they did a good job. My previous experience with the mod tells me that the result overall can be considered a massive improvement, but there are a couple NPCs that still look a bit scary. I'm only showing a minuscule fraction of the whole population, but it should give you a good idea of what they did with the faces.


TNR is extremely easy to install due to the mod being made to be installed using the Oblivion Mod Manager. Because of this, it's also incredibly simple to remove. If you're not sure whether the result will be appealing to you, try it out for yourself and just delete the mod if you don't enjoy it. The files that come with the mod shouldn't replace anything already on your computer, so uninstalling the mod won't affect your gameplay in the slightest. If this sounds appealing to you, you can find Tamriel NPCs Revamped on TESNexus.

Be sure to wish me luck while I'm fighting off this dreadful cough of mine. The sooner I get rid of it, the easier time I'll have putting this blog together. Until next time, blessings of Stendarr upon ye.

No comments:

Post a Comment