Sunday, February 27, 2011

Animated Window Lighting System

I decided I had to go back to talk about at least one more atmospheric mod because this one does wonders to the towns and cities of Cyrodiil. In the original game, night time brought darkness to the exterior world, as I suppose it should, given the lack of electricity. But when you went inside a person's home, the candles always seemed bright enough to light up the whole place. If they really are that bright, why doesn't the light show through the windows? Animated Window Lighting System (AWLS) fixes this.


The easiest way to install this mod is through the Oblivion Mod Manager, which I've mentioned before. Included in the download are numerous customizable options such as the color of the lighting and the addition of chimney smoke, which I chose to exclude from my game when taking this video. I enjoy the look that the smoke adds, but I feel like I tend not to give it much attention when I walk around, so I decided not to exaggerate my interest in it in the video. However, I've been informed that the smoke is extremely compatible with other mods that I might be discussing in the future, so it would be best for you to make the decision about adding it yourself. If you'd like to learn more, you can get AWLS at TESNexus.

Luckily I had the time to post this today. Maybe this means I'll start being more consistent again. Until whenever next time may be, goodbye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment