Monday, February 21, 2011

Alive Waters

As I mentioned previously, one of the main things that tends of bother people about the water in Cyrodiil is the fact that slaughterfish seem to completely dominate the environment. They've eliminated all forms of competition for the player's attention, and they seem to have devoured all the plants that the competition might have been interested in.

Alive Waters adds two very important features to Cyrodiil. It adds believable flora to the ground of the water and creates and entire community of water life that was previously assumed to be extinct. The fish that are added come in a multitude of varieties, but sadly it's much more difficult to capture them on film than I originally expected; they swim away when you try to get close to them. I'm a little disappointed in the video I made because of this issue, but I still wanted to show the seaweed and such because of how much I enjoy the difference this mod makes.


As I noted in the video, the only reason the lack of life underwater is so apparent in my game is due to Enhanced Water, which I previously described in detail earlier. If you'd like to learn more about Alive Waters and see what else it adds to the game, you can find it on Planet Elder Scrolls.

I apologize for the lack of blogging over the past couple days; I've been recovering from illness and haven't exactly been in the right mind to be able to write. Hopefully I'll be cured and ready to provide more tomorrow morning. Until then, have a lovely Presidents' Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment